TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Fund Development Committee creates, directs and monitors a comprehensive and tactical fund development plan for operational revenue generation. The plan is based on specific goals established annually by the Board of Directors as part of the strategic Plan.
The Fund Development Committee is comprised of one Board Members and a minimum of three members from the community that represent the association. The Chair of the committee is a member of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is an ex-officio member.
Members are appointed annually for a one-year, renewable term.
Board representatives appointed for a one-year, renewable term.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
To assist Boxing Ontario to meet its financial targets, the Fund Development Committee will work with staff and volunteers to:
- Create a Fund Development Plan that supports and encourages community and corporate engagement with Boxing Ontario in both the short and long-term;
- Establish and monitor a yearly fund development budget and to allocate appropriate monetary and human resources to carry out the Fund Development Plan;
- Establish and run fund development events throughout the year including but not limited to the annual awards show and a signature event.
- Support the staff and volunteers to identify, research, solicit, foster and steward major prospect and donors so as to build a pipeline of on-going support;
- Assist with the development and cultivation of mutually supportive fundraising partnerships with provincial and community groups and organizations;
- Monitor and evaluate progress in meeting fundraising targets and return on investment;
- Oversee the formation/review of policies and procedures associated with fund development activities so that they do not violate any agreements with partners, sponsors, companies, agencies or governing bodies;
- Promote and support fundraising events/activities by attending, volunteering and/or giving monetary/in-kind assistance to the level that committee members are able;
- Review and recommend levels of sponsorship recognition and evaluate methods of donor recognition and stewardship opportunities so that all donations of time and money are recognized appropriately;
- Actively stay current with fund development trends and maximize professional development opportunities with the goal of strengthening the organization’s fundraising capacity.
As necessary, estimated 6 times per year.
A quorum will be 51% of the members at the meeting who are entitled to vote.
The Fund Development Committee is a Standing Committee of the Board of Directors. The Fund Development Committee will give reports to the Boxing Ontario Board of Directors through the distribution of the committee’s minutes and verbal reports at subsequent Board meetings.
An evaluation of the Fund Development Committee will be conducted from time-to-time as the Board deems necessary.