WELCOMING ALL BOXERS TO THE BRAMPTON CUP 2020!
Boxing Ontario encompasses more than 130 clubs and over 2500 competitors. Thanks to the Bramalea Boxing Club, the Brampton Cup Tournament has been in existence for over 38 years! This year, athletes will travel from all regions of Ontario, across Canada and from across the world — all competing for the famous Brampton Cup 2020! Register Now
TOURNAMENT INFORMATION & REGISTRATION
Event: 2020 Brampton Cup
Locations: Brampton Soccer Centre – 1495 Sandalwood Parkway East, Brampton, Ontario
Accommodations, Medicals & Weigh-Ins: Quality Inn And Suites, 30 Clark Blvd, Brampton, ON L6W 1X3, 905-454-1300
Athlete Registration: Visit Tournament Website
–> Registration Deadline: January 24th 2020 at 4:00pm
–> Athlete Registration Price: $40.00
–> Draw: January 27 2020 @ 12 noon
Spectator Tickets: $15 per session $50 for a weekend pass
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy (call or Text) at 416-986-6636 or email at [email protected]
TOURNAMENT DATES, TIMES AND RESULTS:
(programs are subject to change due to walkover – please confirm schedule at the venue before session)
WEIGH-INS: Quality Inn And Suites – 30 Clark Blvd, Brampton, ON L6W 1X3
***Boxers should only weigh-in on days they are competing***
- Fri. Jan. 31, 2020 – 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Sat. Feb 1, 2020 – 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Sun. Feb 2, 2020 – 8:00 am – 9:00 am
TOURNAMENT SESSIONS: Brampton Soccer Centre – 1495 Sandalwood Parkway East, Brampton, Ontario
***Latest Version: VERSION 9 – If you are printing the programs below, be sure you’re referring to the latest version noted at the top of the program. If you notice any mistakes in the schedules or results please Contact Us immediately. Thank you.***
- SESSION 1: Fri. Jan. 31, 2020 – 1:00 pm | View Results
- SESSION 2: Fri. Jan. 31, 2020 – 7:00 pm | View Results
- SESSION 3: Sat. Feb 1, 2020 – 1:00 pm | View Results
- SESSION 4: Sat. Feb 1, 2020 – 7:00 pm | View Results
- FEMALE SPARRING: Sun. Feb. 2, 2020 | 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- SESSION 5: Sun. Feb 2, 2020– 12:00 pm | View Results
VIEW ELITE OPEN BRACKETS: FEMALE | MALE (not applicable)
IMPORTANT NOTE TO COACHES:
IMPORTANT WEIGH-IN NOTES:
- Coaches, there is very limited space at the weigh-in facilities and a great number of boxers. It is very important that your boxers print out and complete (with their signature and yours) the medical forms before they get in line for weigh-ins (see below). Please have them print at least 2 copies at home to cover the weekend. If they do not have a printer, there will be copies at the hotel check-in desk. Again, for the efficiency of processing such a large group, we kindly ask that all boxers come to weigh-ins with already completed and fully signed medical forms.
- Boxers with walkovers should not show up for weigh-in and medical on the days they DO NOT compete.
Download & Print Tournament Handbook For Coaches: (All logistics and tournament schedules)
Download & Print Pre-Bout Medicals To Be Completed Before Each Weigh-in:
Dear Boxing Ontario Clubs and Coaches,
We thank you once again for your availability and your dedication to commit in this very important event. With multiple provinces competing and over 500 athlete entries, you are making history at Brampton Cup 2020. Please be sure to take your time to read through the information supplied and attend the Mandatory Coaches Meetings (see schedule)
You will find in this Handbook all the necessary information regarding the competition and the related logistics.
We wish you good luck in your participation and are looking forward to seeing you at Brampton Cup.
Boxing Ontario, Sport Development
TOURNAMENT AGREEMENT: Any boxer, coach or official participating in the tournament acknowledges that they are registered with Boxing Ontario for 2020. You will be required to show proof of registration at any time throughout the course of the tournament via boxer/official passports and coaches cards. (It’s recommended that you keep your registration number on your person at all times)
RULES FOR DEVELOPMENTAL TOURNAMENTS:
Refunds will be given when:
- The athlete registers for the tournament and is the lone entrant in his/her weight class up until the draw with the result of ‘No bout’. No medal or trophy is given if athlete withdraws with refund
- The athlete withdraws from the tournament prior to the draw provided payment has already been made.
- The athlete goes to the tournament intending to compete but has their bout cancelled by their opponent. (This only applies to bouts with only 2 in the weight category.)
Refunds will NOT be given when:
- The athlete who had no bout by the time of the draw but requests and takes part in a makeup bout during the tournament.
- The athlete goes to the tournament competes but subsequently has their bout cancelled by their opponent (applies to Preliminaries, Quarter-finals and Finals)
- Athletes and /or Clubs who withdraw from the tournament after the completion of the draw will be subjected to a $50 fine.
- If an athlete withdraws due to illness or injury a medical note shall be provided to Boxing Ontario within 30 days and may result in having the fine waived.
- If an athlete/coach withdraws from a tournament due to reason other than injury or illness, a review by the technical committee, for consideration of having the fine waived will be required.
- Athletes are responsible for payment of the fine.
- Athletes who have not paid the fine in full will be suspended from further competition at all levels until such fine is paid.
- It is the coach’s obligation to contact the opponent coach, if their athlete withdraws from the competition. Notification to Official in charge is also required