WELCOMING TO ALL BOXERS TO BRONZE GLOVES 2019! Friday June 21 – Sunday June 23, 2019
Boxing Ontario was founded in 1972 and has seen a steady growth since then. Currently, Boxing Ontario encompasses more than 100 clubs and over 1500 competitors. Earlier this year, we sanctioned the world famous Brampton Cup tournament which hosted over 300 athletes from around the world. With the overwhelming success of Brampton Cup, we’re excited to open our 2019 Bronze Gloves Tournament to the world!
TOURNAMENT DATES, TIMES & RESULTS:
(programs are subject to change due to walkover. Please confirm schedule at the venue before session)
- BOXING ONTARIO WORKSHOP: (Officials, Ringside Doctors, Coaches, Boxers)
- Fri. June 21, 2019 – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm | View Agenda
- MEDICAL & WEIGH-INS:
- Fri. Jun. 21: (2-4pm)
- Sat. Jun. 22: ( 8-10 am )
- Sun. Jun. 23: (8-9 am)
- TOURNAMENT SESSIONS:
- ATHLETE WITHDRAWS: View List
2019 BRONZE GLOVES EVENT INFORMATION
Competition Dates: Friday June 21 – Sunday June 23
Competition Venue, Medicals & Accommodations:
- The Westin Airport Hotel – 950 Dixon Rd. Toronto, ON M9W 5N4 Canada (Westintorontoairport.com)
- Medicals and Weigh-ins will take place at hotel: Sutton Hall
- Hotel rate is $119 per night
Athlete Registration Deadline: June 14th, 2019 at 4:00pm
- Price: $40.00
- DRAW: June 17, 2019 @ 12 noon
Spectator Tickets: $20 per session $50 for a weekend pass
Tournament Website (entries and registrations): Visit Now
IMPORTANT NOTE TO COACHES:
Please email [email protected] if you DID NOT receive your Official Boxing Ontario Coaches Package following the official competition draw.
Download & Print Pre-Bout Medicals To Be Completed Before Each Weigh-in:
Dear Boxing Ontario Clubs and Coaches,
We thank you once again for your availability and your dedication to commit in this very important event. With multiple provinces competing and over 300 athlete entries, you are making history at Bronze Gloves 2019. Please be sure to take your time to read through the information supplied and attend the Mandatory Coaches Meetings (see schedule)
You will find in this Handbook all the necessary information regarding the competition and the related logistics.
We wish you good luck in your participation and are looking forward to seeing you at Bronze Gloves 2019.
Boxing Ontario, Sport Development
TOURNAMENT AGREEMENT: Any boxer, coach or official participating in the tournament acknowledges that they are registered with Boxing Ontario for 2019. You will be required to show proof of registration at any time throughout the course of the tournament via boxer/official passports and coaches cards. (It’s recommended that you keep your registration number on your person at all times)
Every Boxer must disclose all prior bout experience, including bouts or matches in other combative sports; failure to do so will result in sanctions against the boxer, the boxer’s current club and/or the boxer’s coach
BRONZE GLOVES 2019 | TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
Special Schedule Notes:
RULES FOR DEVELOPMENTAL TOURNAMENTS:
Refunds will be given when:
- The athlete registers for the tournament and is the lone entrant in his/her weight class up until the draw with the result of ‘No bout’. No medal or trophy is given if athlete withdraws with refund
- The athlete withdraws from the tournament prior to the draw provided payment has already been made.
- The athlete goes to the tournament intending to compete but has their bout cancelled by their opponent. (This only applies to bouts with only 2 in the weight category.)
Refunds will NOT be given when:
- The athlete who had no bout by the time of the draw but requests and takes part in a makeup bout during the tournament.
- The athlete goes to the tournament competes but subsequently has their bout cancelled by their opponent (applies to Preliminaries, Quarter-finals and Finals)
- Athletes and /or Clubs who withdraw from the tournament after the completion of the draw will be subjected to a $50 fine.
- If an athlete withdraws due to illness or injury a medical note shall be provided to Boxing Ontario within 30 days and may result in having the fine waived.
- If an athlete/coach withdraws from a tournament due to reason other than injury or illness, a review by the technical committee, for consideration of having the fine waived will be required.
- Athletes are responsible for payment of the fine.
- Athletes who have not paid the fine in full will be suspended from further competition at all levels until such fine is paid.
- It is the coach’s obligation to contact the opponent coach, if their athlete withdraws from the competition. Notification to Official in charge is also required