Boxing Ontario Bid Guidelines – Multiple Tournaments 2012/2013
At this time we are accepting bids for our developmental tournaments to take place during the 2012/2013 Boxing season.
Criteria for tournaments:
· The selection of an appropriate venue that can house a regulation boxing ring and room for officials and judges (refer to “field of play” in AIBA rule book for an ideal layout).
· The ideal host venue and accommodation would be in the same location or very close (i.e. Hotel)
· The use of a hotel as a venue reduces travel expenses and makes it easier for everyone involved in the event
· It is important to negotiate a reasonable rate from the hotel- the room rate should be included in the bid proposal
· How many Doctors on each day of boxing
· Distance to nearest Hospital
· Number of weigh-in rooms and change rooms – separate for male and female
· Number of official scales and trial scales
· Will they have at least two glovers and a timekeeper
· The host must also provide a minimum of 2 volunteer s to operate computerized scoring – Boxing Ontario will provide training prior to the event
· Size of the venue – ensure there is enough room for vendors and Boxing Ontario booth
· Consider partnering with the hotel and your tourism board as both may have experience in bid submissions
Your bid package should include the following:
· All information about the host venue and hotel should be included in the bid as well as the room rate
· Clearly distinguish the dates and times for the event
· The bid must be submitted electronically
· A strong bid should include all of the components listed above
· The bid should include as much detail about the hotel as possible – restaurants in house and nearby etc.
· Information about travel to and from the venue and host hotel
· Location of nearest Hospital and best route mapped
Developmental Tournaments Available for bids:
(Arnie Boehm) Tournament # 1
Ideal Time-Frame – October 12,13,14, 2012
(Summerhays) Tournament #2
Ideal Time-Frame – November 30, Dec 1, 2, 2012
(Brampton Cup) Tournament #3
Ideal Time-Frame – First weekend in January 25, 26, 27, 2013
Time-Frame – First weekend in February 1, 2, 3, 2013
(Ray McGibbons Gloves) Tournament #4
Ideal Time-Frame – First weekend in May 24, 25, 26, 2013
Time-Frame – First weekend in May 31, June 1, 2, 2013
(Arnie Boehm) Tournament # 5
Ideal Time-Frame – First weekend in September 13,14,15, 2013
If interested please submit a ‘LETTER OF INTENT’ by MONDAY JULY 18th, 2012 – 12:00 noon to email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR FINAL BID SUBMISSIONS MONDAY, JULY 31st, 2012 – 12:00 noon.
For more information or questions please contact – Matt Kennedy:
Boxing Ontario, 3 Concorde Gate, Suite 202, Toronto Ontario, M3C 3N7.