Boxing Ontario is accepting applications for 2 coaches to attend a Boxing Canada Youth Talent ID & Selection Camp at the INS in Montreal on May 18-21, 2023.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26 AT 11:59PM ET
Purpose of the Camp & Evaluation Process
Boxing Canada is organizing an identification/selection camp for youth athletes from May 18-21 at the National Training Center in Montreal’s INS. This camp will be run by the national team coaches.
This selection camp will enable Boxing Canada to identify which athletes will participate at the AMBC Continental Championships being held in Cali, Columbia, from August 1-10, 2023.
Each province may send 2 coaches: 1 acting as an evaluator during this camp, and the other acting as a coach.
The evaluators will be familiarized with the athlete assessment grid, and this grid will be shared with the provincial associations prior to the camp. Athlete selection will be based upon technical skills, physical readiness, and sparring test matches.
The evaluation process will be similar to the one conducted at the national championships for elite athletes in February.
Training Camp Schedule
The camp schedule will be shared prior to the beginning of the camp. The first session will start at 9:00 am on Thursday May 18, and the last session will be at 2:00 pm on Sunday May 21.
Boxing Canada will announce more training camp details soon.
Coaches wishing to be considered by Boxing Ontario must be:
- Competition-development ‘in training’ NCCP; or
- A coach who has completed at least six (6) NCCP Competition Development multisport modules; or
- A coach who has completed at least four (4) NCCP Competition Development multisport modules and Boxing Canada’s Performance Analysis Workshop.
- A member in good standing with Boxing Ontario (PSO) and Boxing Canada;
- Available for the entire duration of the event (according to the dates above);
- Complete the Safe Sport and Respect in Sport online training modules developed by the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC). Modules can be accessed in “The Locker”.
- Coaches must sign a Code of Conduct and complete background checks as applicable.
The Coaching Committee will review all applications. The candidates will be selected based on Coaches Selection Policy, subject to Board approval. Boxing Ontario will email all applicants to advise them of the selection decisions. Selection Policy available here.
*Note, after you submit your application, the confirmation message will appear at the bottom of the page.