- This event has passed.
[Registration Closed ] Coaching Webinar: Successful Motivational Climates & Effective Coaching Leadership Behaviours
May 20 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
*Registration has now closed.
All coaches are invited to a sport psychology webinar on Thursday, May 20 at 7pm presented by Kim A. Dawson, PhD. She will be presenting on motivational climates and leadership behaviours. Coaches from all provinces are invited!
Course: Coaching Webinar: Successful Motivational Climates & Effective Coaching Leadership Behaviours
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Time: 7pm EST
Location: Zoom App – Link will be sent prior to the course
RSVP: Pre-registration is required. See the form at the bottom of this page.
More on the Topics
1. Successful Motivational Climates
How to effectively utilize concepts such as reinforcement, communication, different forms of motivation, and self-determination to increase the performance climate. Successful athletic training and performance climates do not just happen, they are created with forethought and mindfulness!
2. Effective Coaching Leadership Behaviours
To be an effective leader, you must understand your own style and the preference of your athlete. Effective leaders demonstrate consistent and reliable behavioural styles. Being an effective leader requires more than just boxing technique knowledge.
More about Kimberley A. Dawson, PhD
- Professor Sport Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Mental Skills Consultant with Canadian Sport Psychology Association
- Owner MInd2Achieve
- Has worked with high performance athletes, executives, and artists for the past 15 years
- Developed motivational and competency environments for numerous teams, coaches, and organizations