Boxing Ontario is currently seeking energetic, passionate, and enthusiastic individuals to serve on their Board of Directors, who are able to dedicate their time and expertise to help the advancement of boxing in Ontario.
The Boxing Ontario Board of Directors is comprised of Five (5) Directors including a President, Vice-President, and Three (3) Independent Directors elected by the Voting Members.
The Nominations Committee is seeking qualified candidates who are able to contribute to Boxing Ontario who reflect the values of inclusiveness, respect, integrity, high ethical standards, and community building, with a focus on what’s best for the athletes.
The Nominating Committee especially welcomes nominations from those who can strengthen Boxing Ontario’s representation in the following areas of skills and expertise:
- Fund Development (marketing, donations, fundraising, grants)
- Legal Knowledge
- Government Relations
- Policy Development
- Governance & Organizational Management
Boxing Ontario is actively committed to equity and the principles of Diversity and Inclusion and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Women, men, Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities or racialized group, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) are especially encouraged to apply and to voluntarily self-identify as a member of a designated group as part of their application.
The following positions are up for election in 2021:
|Position||# of Vacancies||Term|
Boxing Ontario Board of Directors Candidate Nomination Form
Under Article 4 of Boxing Ontario By-Law Section 4.2 please note:
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older; – To be eligible for election as a Director, an individual must:
- Not have been found under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992 or under the Mental Health Act to be incapable of managing property;
- Have the power under law to contract;
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country; and
- Not have the status of bankrupt.
Any nomination of an individual for election as a director will:
- Include the written consent of the nominee by signed or electronic signature.
- Comply with the procedures established by the Nominations Committee; and
- Be submitted to the registered office of the Corporation twenty (20) days prior to the Annual Meeting.
This timeline may be extended by Ordinary Resolution of the Board.
Prospective candidates are required to submit the following information to the Nominations Chair, by September 10, 2021:
- A copy of your CV, highlighting your professional and volunteer work experience.
- A completed copy of the nomination form, outlining relevant skills and expertise that would contribute to the effective leadership and governance of Boxing Ontario
- Each nomination must be supported by one (1) endorser, who is either a Boxing Ontario member, stakeholder or prominent member of the candidate’s community.
- A Letter of Support from at least one of your endorsers.
Boxing Ontario’s elections will take place on Sunday October 17, 2021 at the Annual Meeting of the Members (location TBA).
Additional information about By-Laws and processes for the election can be found on boxingontario.com
Prior to completing the application form candidates are also encouraged to review Boxing Ontario’s 2020-2024 strategic plan which serves to provide an overview of Boxing Ontario’s values and framework to achieve our organizational goals
If you have any questions about the Nominations process, please contact Erik Espinola