Sent on behalf of Tom Hennessey:
At the recent Annual General Meeting held on May 30th, 2010 at the Holiday Inn in Oshawa, the membership voted to accept revisions to the By-Laws.
As a result of these changes, amendments have been made to the content of the board resulting in the call for nominations and elections for the following positions:
Vice-President – Competition (2 year term)
Vice- President – Protocol (2 year term)
Vice – President – Administration ( 1 year term)
Please see the presentation that was given at the AGM by Mike Power, which describes the process and changes to the By-Laws. Also please take note of the job descriptions for each position.
Nominations of individuals are now CLOSED. Electronic voting beins June 23rd. In order to vote you must be a registered member of Boxing Ontario.
If you have questions, please contact Doug Hannum.
Electronic voting closes and paper ballots due – June 30
Boxing Ontario 2010 AGM Presentation – Change in By-Laws
including Job Descriptions of the above available positions on the Board
High Performance Director – Part-Time Contract Position
Boxing Ontario is the governing body for amateur boxing in Ontario, for information on our programs and services please refer to our website at www.boxingontario.com. Acting as the High Performance Director of the Corporation, the High Performance Director will be responsible for providing overall direction and leadership to the High Performance program. The key accountabilities of the position may include, but are not limited to the following:
Organizing Training Camps for athletes (focus on pre-competition training, individual training plans, access to nutritional and mental training experts and intense sparring sessions)
· The High Performance Director will work with all of the member clubs athletes and coaches in order to deliver training camps and programs.
· The High Performance Director will work with the Provincial Coach and Director Technical and Programs
4. External Relations
· Represent Boxing Ontario by working with the Ministry of Health Promotion, Quest for Gold, the Coaching Association of Ontario and Boxing Canada
· Minimum Level 2 -or equivalent in CBET program (Boxing preferred but not required)
· Previous experience as a High Performance or Technical Director preferred
· University degree/College Diploma or experience in a related field (i.e. .Kinesiology, sports management)
· Strong planning and organization skills
· Previous background in teaching and/or adult education;
· Strong communication & problem solving skills,
· Strong computer/software skills & knowledge (website, accounting, word, excel, power point)
· Knowledge of LTAD, Canada Sport 4 Life and Quest for Gold initiatives is an asset.
Salary: commensurate with experience
Deadline for applications is: Wednesday, June 30th, 2010
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of the President, Tom Hennessey at: (416) 426-7367 fax, email [email protected] mail: Boxing Ontario, 3 Concorde Gate #202, Toronto ON M3C 3N7.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.