Boxing Ontario is seeking committee members for the new Governance Committee. Please review the position summary and apply below by Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors. Supported directly by 1 member of the Board of Directors.
- Monitor and evaluate “the association’s” functioning based on the current By-Law No. 1.
- Prior to the AGM, review and create recommended edits or additions to By-Law No.1 to ensure compliance with all the applicable legislation and efficient functioning of the association.
- Engage the Executive Director to ensure Policies and Procedures meet the requirements of By-Law No. 1 as appropriate.
- Review and report to the Board of Directors on Boxing Canada’s Bylaw(s) or governing policies as they relate to Boxing Ontario.
- Assist in “investigations” of potential By-Law violations by members.
- Knowledge of NFP governance.
- Adept at interpreting basic legal documentation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to meet specific timelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.