BOX-ON! Program Off to a Great Start
On Wednesday, May 26 and Thursday, May 27, the Boxing Ontario Youth Fitness Program was introduced to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Ontario.
The two showcase events took place at Albion Neighbourhood Services Boys and Girls Club and were attended by numerous club representatives. The purpose of these events were to display the program and officially make it available to youth centres throughout Ontario. A very special thanks to all clubs who attended and to the Albion Boys and Girls Club for their participation and gracious hospitality. Also, a big thanks to Head Instructor Kathy Ure who did an outstanding job in executing the program and showing the kids that boxing fitness is FUN and a great form of exercise.
What is BOX-ON! ?
BOX-ON! is a new standardized youth fitness program dedicated to using boxing training techniques as a means of achieving a healthy, active lifestyle. The program is a non-contact routine that is adaptable to facility limitations and recreational schedules. It is intended for youth ages 8-16 and can be utilized by program administrators in all types of clubs and youth centres. For more information on the BOX-ON! Program contact Boxing Ontario at 416.426.7045.
Seeking BOX-ON! Instructors!
We are still seeking instructors, in all regions, for the BOX-ON! Program. In order to be a BOX-ON! Instructor you must meet the following requirements:
– Be a current member of Boxing Ontario, in good standing.
– Possess a minimum Level 1 Coaching Certification or in the process of attaining Level 1.
– Be energetic, well-spoken, and possess experience in working with children.
– Possess a “safety-first” mentality, with the emphasis on having fun in a safe learning environment.
– Be able to follow program guidelines and meet program standards
– In the event you are asked to instruct a BOX-ON! class, be willing to participate in a police check.
Being a BOX-ON! Instructor has many benefits, some of which are:
– BOX-ON! Instructors receive a paid honorarium for teaching the Program
– Being a BOX-ON! Instructor enhances your coaching and volunteer portfolio
– You can refer kids who want to pursue boxing to your registered boxing club and increase your club membership
– You are providing a community service and helping underprivileged youth to participate in a positive and confidence-building activity.
– You are helping to improve Boxing Ontario membership numbers, which results in more government funding for all of our clubs
To participate in the BOX-ON! Program, as a Club or as an Instructor please contact Jason at 416.426.7045 or email@example.com