This two day course will introduce coaches to:
- Apprentice Coach Module ( Formerly Level 1 Technical, Offered through Boxing Ontario)
- The course will take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on BOTH Saturday and Sunday
- Come prepared to be active; wear some appropriate footwear and comfortable activewear and bring a water bottle to the class. If you own the following items, feel free to bring them: Gloves & Hand pads but this is not a necessity
- Bring writing utensils such as pen/paper
- Time will be allotted for Lunch, unsure of the food options near by, bringing own lunch is recommended
Every coach attending the course MUST have an NCCP number prior to the start of the course.
If you don’t have a number, please create one here: https://thelocker.coach.ca/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2f.
Once you have a number, please email Mehrunnisa at email@example.com. You will be asked for this number by the instructor.
Important! The Coaching Association of Ontario has funds for the bursary program. Please note that these courses are eligible for a 60% course refund or ‘bursary’ through the Coaching Association of Ontario. Read on below…
How Much Will I Receive?
Up to a maximum of $300 per individual in the fiscal year (April 1, 2017-March 31, 2018) will be available to cover up to 60% of course registration fees (workshop training) and up to 70% for completion of certification process (portfolio + evaluation).
Are you interested in Hosting an NCCP Clinic?
Boxing Ontario wants to host NCCP clinics in your area. All you have to do is provide the facility (boxing club), Boxing Ontario will do the rest. The more clinics that are available during the coming season, the greater the opportunity for coaches to become certified. An NCCP clinic can be hosted by any group which has established a need for the course. NCCP clinics can be put together for independent groups with a month’s notice.
- To host a clinic, a group must have a facility (boxing club).
- Contact Boxing Ontario for a Hosting Application. a) Select two date options b) Confirm a site c) Establish a contact person.
- Once the application has been approved and a date has been confirmed, Boxing Ontario will assign a Facilitator to your clinic.
- As soon as the clinic has been approved, Boxing Ontario will post the clinic information on the Web Site.
- All registrants must contact Boxing Ontario and register prior to attending the course Boxing Ontario is responsible for shipping all course materials to the site, or the contact person, as identified by the host.
- The length and cost of the NCCP clinics vary depending on the level of the clinic.
- In order to run a clinic, a minimum of 5 participants must be registered by the set clinic date.
The Quest for Gold Enhanced Coaching Program offered through the Coaches Association of Ontario recognizes coaches have out-of-pocket expenses for many things. Coaches who wish to continue their training and education, or increase their knowledge and certification will benefit from this bursary program.
The Quest for Gold Coach Bursary Program provides an education bursary for coaches to complete NCCP courses.
The eligible courses for this program for Boxing Ontario are Club Coach Module as well as any of the 6 Competition Development Multi-Sport Modules. The Apprentice Coach Module & Level 3 Technical is no longer eligible.
You may receive:
- 70% of your course registration fee
- Total bursary will not exceed $400 per course
To apply for the coach bursary program and for more information, please visit www.coachesontario.ca/q4g
For the NCI and the L3/4/5 Enhanced Coaching Program go the appropriate section under the Coach Bursary tab on the left menu.
View the calendar for up coming Coaching Clinics.