Boxing Ontario received some great Christmas cheer from the Provincial and Federal Governments, learning that we will likely receive funding for the BOX-ON! program. The result of this small grant would be a 3-month blitz of schools and clubs throughout the province, and we need your help!
We delivered our standardized youth fitness program to 8 clubs in 2004 and all were very successful thanks to the efforts of our volunteers. Our instructors had a fun time providing the program to youth in Ontario and they urge you to join the team. Being a BOX-ON! Instructor has many benefits, some of which include:
– BOX-ON! Instructors receive a paid honorarium for teaching the program
– Being a BOX-ON! Instructor enhances your coaching and volunteer portfolio
– The program is a great recruitment tool to increase membership at your registered club
– Being a role model and influencing the lives of youth in a positive light, through the sport of boxing
– Providing a community service and helping underprivileged youth build confidence and work ethics
– Helping our sport as a whole by improving our membership numbers and services, which will lead to more government support!
In order to be a BOX-ON! Instructor you must meet the following requirements:
– Be a current member of Boxing Ontario, in good standing
– Possess a minimum Level 1 Coaching Certification or in the process of attaining Level 1 Certification (Boxing Ontario will be offering a special BOX-ON! Instructor Level 1 Certification Class)
– Complete a current Police Records Check, as all recognized volunteers of Boxing Ontario are required to do so
– Be energetic, well-spoken, and possess experience in working with children
– Be able to effectively follow program guidelines and deliver a fun and structured session
– Possess a “safety-first” mentality with the emphasis on participant safety and the promotion of amateur boxing as a safe sport
We are now accepting applications for BOX-ON! volunteers throughout Ontario. To apply visit our forms page, complete the application, and submit it to Boxing Ontario. For more information on the program visit our BOX-ON! page.